Monday, July 12, 2010

Trueblood


Anyone who knows me will tell you that Charlainne Harris' Southern Vampire Series, better known as the "Sookie Stackhouse books", is one of my all time favorite reads (Check out the "about me" section. I even named my dog after the main character). For years, I've relished the genius creation of the sexy, Viking vampire, Eric Northman *swoon* and have openly drooled over all of his appearances in the ten book series. Naturally, when they announced that there would be an HBO T.V series based on these novels, I was absolutely ecstatic.

Now we're in the middle of season three, with the third episode airing last night, and Trueblood has absolutely EXPLODED with popularity. There are so called "Truebies" everywhere. You can now buy Merlotte's, Fangtasia, and Bon Temps t-shirts. There is even an actual Trueblood drink! Despite that the huge wave of the vampire fever is winding down, Trueblood is still on the rise as one of T.V's most watched shows.

Now why am I posting about this you ask? Well there have been a lot of changes in season three that I'd love to discuss. This season is darker, edgier, with more blood and gore. Bon Temps and the surrounding areas are not only populated with vampires, but surprisingly Were's as well--not surprising if you're one of the minority that actually reads the ORIGINAL book series, but that's a rant for another time. ;-)

Personally, I love the new changes. Anyone who has read my writing knows that I'm never short on blood and gore, and as a paranormal writer I love anything dark and unpredictable. The Were's are absolutely great. The use of actual wolves is fantastic (despite that I also like Twilight and am Jacob fan, I have to say, the Trueblood wolves are INFINITELY better than the crappy CGI wolves in the Twilight movies).

What I'm getting at is: I'd like to know what you think of the new elements in the series? The wolves, the plot line, the blossoming relationship of Sookie and Eric *sigh*, Bill and Lorena, all of it! Let's get a discussion going in the comments.

Until Wednesday, this Truebie will be vigilantly working on her own novels. But make sure you check back on Wed for my first review of Lisa Sanchez's, Eve of Samhain! Who knows, maybe I'll convince her to do and interview for Friday. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment