Monday, October 25, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Happy Monday, everyone! It's that time of year again. You heard me. Time for National Novel Writing Month! For those of you who don't know, NaNoWriMo happens every November, where thousands of insane writers rip their hair out in hopes of finishing a 50,000 word novel in one month. Yep, a whole novel in just one month--writing without worrying about editing, freeing your creative side.

As you can see from the little tag on the right side of the blog, I'll be participating in NaNo this year, and honestly, I don't know how to feel. Part of me is excited, because I really hope I can finish up Bad to the Bone. Another part of me is nervous, because I don't want to create more stress for myself. Plus, I've never done NaNo before!

Many NaNo veterans have been offering their advice as to what works best to keep a writer on track and focused. I've heard everything from "make sure you keep up your word count every day" to "don't worry about it, just write." It's hard to know what advice to follow, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see for myself. 

But I'd like to know, are any of you doing NaNo? Are you a veteran or is this your first time? If you've done this before, how do you find time to fit all that writing in? What are your methods? I'd like to hear your thoughts. 

If you haven't done so yet, please check out Friday's review of Kalayna Price's novel, Once Bitten. The next book up for review should be arriving in my mailbox soon.

Also, make sure you check back Wednesday for a big announcement! Til then ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for NaNo for the first time this year, too. Unfortunately, I think stress got to me and my whole first week looks to be shot. So much for keeping to the deadline. Ah well, I'll still be writing when I can.

    Feel free to look me up: StormyWolf

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete