Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cruise and Upcoming Review

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Hope you all are having a great start to your week. This will be a rather short post. I just wanted to keep you all updated. I might be posting rather sporadically or possibly not at all this week. On Thursday morning I'm leaving on a Carnival cruise ship to go to Cozumel, Mexico! Woo hoo! Because of that, I will be really busy today and tomorrow getting all my homework done beforehand. But since I will be cheating you out of some well deserved posts, I'm going to promise you another review when I get back. 

As you can see from the picture above, I just purchased a copy of Laura Halse Anderson's novel Speak. I'm sure most of you have heard about the big controversy--people trying to get the book banned--so of course, since there is so much talk about this book going around I knew I had to read it. I will post the review for this on Tuesday when I get back from my cruise.

 Til then! Hope you all have a great week ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Have fun on your cruise! I'm going on one in January. I love cruising. Hope you love Speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice, id like to go on vacation on a cruise too someday! i guess have to save save and save - that means giving up some books?!?!? Uhm... i guess not

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison- Thanks! This is the first time I've ever gone on a cruise, so I'm really excited. With how many people are saying Speak is awesome, I'm sure I'll love it. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. iamjenai- This cruise actually wasn't too expensive. They were having some special deal or something like that, which is how we managed to get cheap tickets. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this after you left...hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BookGirl--Thanks! I had a FABULOUS time! It was seriously the best vacation I've ever been on. I just got back about half an hour ago lol.

    I finished reading Speak while I was on the cruise, and wow, it's definitely as amazing as I've heard. Can't wait to post my review for all of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete