Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2 of NaNo!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! As all of you know, yesterday was the start of National Novel Writing Month and this is the first time I've ever participated. I am very proud to say that I made it through the first day! Yay! In order to write exactly 50,000 words by the end of November, every NaNo participant has to average 1,667 per day. I, like many others, am aiming for at least that amount every day. I managed to meet my goal yesterday and finished up 1,688 words. Woot!

Honestly, I thought writing without editing myself was going to be much harder. However, it ended up being surprisingly easy and very freeing. The creativity was definitely flowing and the writing wasn't too bad. With a few edits, it will be up to my usual par. Because of all this, I am really pumped for NaNo.

Check back tomorrow and I'll announce the winner of our NaNoWriMo Giveaway! Til then! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Hip hip hooray!! Great job!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can keep it up! I only made it to 270 on day one, and that only because I started at midnight. I then slept for the better part of 2 days...no joke. I think I was only awake 10 hours in 48. Bleck. Hope you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete