Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Music When You Write

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Hope you're all having a great week. It's been a week since I last posted. I know, I know, I'm a horrible blogger. It's been a busy whirlwind, but I promise I will get back on schedule this week.

In the midst of all the chaos that's been going on around here, I've had quite a bit of time to listen to some music. What's great about listening to different songs is that they get me in the mood to write. Nothing gets me more pumped to work on my stories than songs that remind me of my characters and their lives, especially their romantic lives. So I thought I'd share a song that I really love to listen to before I write--Secrets by One Republic. I listen to their music every time I write. Their lyrics are so poetic.

So what music do you listen to when you write? Does it effect your writing at all? I'd like to hear you weigh in. Enjoy the song!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! It really all depends on the mood I want. I find movie/game soundtracks are the best for writing in general. The Assassin Creed Soundtracks are amazing for that. The Illusionist. All of Danny Elfman (most specifically Wanted, Alice, and Spiderman). All of Hans Zimmer's stuff. Basically all of Tool's songs.

    I have music for just about any mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt-Same here, and I absolutely LOVE Danny Elfman. =)

    ReplyDelete