Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's Your Motivator?

I'm going on a cruise!!!!! That's right, my husband and I are going on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas on December 2nd! Woo hoo!

"Kaitlyn, what does this have to do with the motivation you mention in the title?" you may ask.

Well, this cruise is my motivator. A collaboration of ideas between my husband and I, this cruise is going to serve one main purpose: motivating my writing. My husband is acting as the enforcer of this deal and has agreed to stick to it.

The deal: if I complete all the writing goals I've set out to meet by October 3rd when we have to make our final cruise payment, then it's off to the Bahamas to enjoy 4 days of relaxation! If I fail to keep my end of the deal, my husband cancels the cruise and we lose our $300 dollar deposit AND the vacation itself.

Very intimidating negative consequences? I think so.

So this is my motivator for meeting all my writing goals. What's your motivator? Do you reward yourself on a big time scale or a small scale? A candy bar here? A pedicure there? I'd like to hear what you all use.

Check back on Friday for our weekly blog hop! Til then ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great motivator! I love cruising, and my hubby takes me quite regularly. Get those fingers tapping!

    ReplyDelete