Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nothing like a good book

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I am so glad it's Wednesday and I hope you are too. Wednesday is my easy day of the week, so I'll have lots of time to catch up on work that should have already been done lol. Not to mention, tomorrow is Fall Break! No class! Yay! And I've got very good friends coming by tonight for some of my buffalo chicken pizza and a catch up viewing of Boardwalk Empire. Sounds like the makings of a good day and evening to me =)

What partially has me in such a chipper mood is the current book I'm reading. It's been a while since I've found a book that I haven't been able to put down. Is it up there on the shelves with the likes of Harry Potter and Sookie Stackhouse? Not yet, but I'm really really enjoying it more than anything else I've read lately.

I had been reading a different book, the third in a series (I'll keep it anonymous as to not insult it) and was somewhat enjoying it. But I had purchased this super good book on my Barnes and Noble Nook. The cover, blurb, and the first few pages I read were so intriguing that while I was reading this series book, I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to read the other one. Even the other book was lower on my TBR list, I finally caved in and decided to crack it open.

I do not regret it! This book is quite tantalizing. I'm very impressed so far. It puts some fresh voice to paranormal/urban fantasy, which is hard to do considering how crowded that particular market is.

So for that reason, I'm announcing that on Monday, I'll post a review of this oh so good book. Do you get to know what book it is? No, sillies! You'll have to wait until Monday to find out. Hopefully my final review will be as good as my impression so far, if not better. But I will be nice and give you a hint. Check out the picture at the beginning of the post and see where it leads you. Maybe you can make a guess.

Don't forget to check out the Breast Cancer Awareness post for the month of October.

Til Friday! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Don't have the faintest idea which book it is, but you definitely piqued my interest...will tune in on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad someone is interested! Since nobody commented, I was worried lol. So far so good--I'm still enjoying it, so hopefully it ends well.

    ReplyDelete